SOUR CREAM BLINTZES
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 carton (8 ounces) cottage cheese
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut in quarters1egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted 2 tablespoons sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
1 pound dried apricots
3/4 cup sugar
Orange liqueur (optional)
1. For blintzes, using steel blade, add egg, sour cream, milk, salt, and sugar to bowl. Process until light and fluffy. Add flour and butter and process until smooth.
2. Drop 2 tablespoons butter into a hot buttered 8 inch omelet or crepe pan. Tilt pan to spread batter evenly into a 5 inch circle. Cook until light golden brown. Turn and cook other side briefly but do not brown. Repeat process until all batter is used. Remember to butter pan before each blintz is cooked and pour off excess butter.
3. Stack blintzes, browned side up, on a plate and cover with a dome type cover to prevent them from drying out
4. For filling, using steel blade, place all ingredient, except raisin, if desired, and process, with quick on/off motions, until blended.
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of cheese filling on each pancake, Tuck in opposite sides and roll up.
6. Arrange rolled pancakes hi a buttered dish.
7. Set in a 350 degree F oven 10 to IS minutes, or until heated through.
8. For Apricot Sauce, cover apricots with water and cook until soft. Drain, reserving juice.
9. Using steel blade, process until pureed, adding additional strained juice to reach desired consistency. Add sugar and process until sugar is blended into sauce. Return to saucepan and heat thoroughly. Sauce can be flavored with orange liqueur, if desired.